Here we go.
1. Stop drinking Soda: Need I say more? We all know that drinking a lot of soda is bad for us and contributes to obesity, diabetes, acid reflux, and other conditions.
2. Eat Two Meals/day: The benefits of fasting are immense. Eating 2 meals within 8 hours of each other allows for a 14-16 hour fast. This can help lead to weight loss and improve insulin resistance.
3. Sleep: Get 8 hours of sleep/night. Poor sleep can contribute to daytime sleepiness, poor work performance, high blood pressure, heart disease, anxiety, and depression.
4. Eat healthy food: Increase your consumption of healthy fats, vegetables, and fiber and decrease your carbohydrate intake. Some healthier fats come from avocados, coconut/olive oil, and nuts. Most Americans also eat too little fiber. A diet high in vegetables supplemented by nuts and seeds can help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
5. Stand up and move: Most Americans sit for the majority of the day. Remember to take time every day to stand while at work and get moving. This will help improve circulation, decrease strain on your back, and improve cardiovascular health.
6. Test your Vitamin D level: Many Americans avoid the sun due to concerns about skin cancer. Another segment of the population lives in cold weather climates where sun exposure is limited. Vitamin D is crucial for cardiovascular health, calcium absorption, bone health, and many other functions in the body. The only way to know if you have an appropriate amount of Vit. D is to get tested. If you are low then you may need to supplement in addition to getting more sun exposure.
7. Meditate/Mindfulness: A significant contributing factor as to why we cannot lose weight is related to our emotional state and stress level. Meditation and mindfulness can help us be aware of emotional eating and relieve stress.
8. Be accountable: Studies show that sharing your resolutions with family and even better your doctor can give you the added motivation to keep up your new health habits.
If you have any more ideas about good resolutions for the New Year please leave in the comments below. If you need a doctor to help you get healthy in 2016 please send me an email or give me a call.
Visit the home page for more information on Murdock Health and our services or call 214-929-2411 to schedule an appointment today.
WEIGHT LOSS $55
HCG DIET $399
HORMONE VISIT $55
BLOOD WORK $50
STEM CELL $999
Testosterone Visit $55
Vitamin B12 $25